UTSAV- Testimonial Sathya Balasubramanian & Arun Vedavyasan

Dear Mrs Amba,

I'm writing this email while we feel rejuvenated post our Utsav classes. This is one of the by far, the best parent craft classes I have researched over various places. To someone who needs an understanding of what research I've done to say your classes stands apart, I need to brief them a bit more. I had a friend of mine who is expected mother in US and I currently work in UK where I had an opportunity to discuss with handful of colleagues who had attended antenatal classes in UK and constantly discuss with me about our preparations. I did speak to them about these classes and what are the topics covered,few training materials they referred and I found this Utsav comprehensive and I understand me & my wife Sathya weren't lagging in knowledge compared to other geographical moms post your sessions.

Everything started when I found a strong personality like Sathya started panicking about a normal delivery and we started looking some theories around opting for a preferred C-Sec and comparisons of Normal delivery Vs C-Sec. We have started realising the power of internet gets into our ideologies and we were definite we needed more than a Doctor to speak to. 

Luckily, we had our gynaecologist who did hear patiently of what Sathya was saying and insisted going to Mrs. Amba (She did suggested Sathya a different antenatal class earlier but she amicably referred you when there is a lot more running in the background). We must admit that she never certified anything/anyone among Scan Centres, Stem Cell Banks, medicines, other Doctors, antenatal classes (earlier to referring you), etc. like she did for Mrs Amba. Given the stature and the experience of her, we trusted her completely and decided it to give a try and we were not disappointed. 

Goose bumps guaranteed for me from first day of your session. For a long time, I had given Sathya a long, lengthy lectures and sometimes arguments on quality of intake or diet she had and we had no full stops and that's a topic we had commas until She came down to meet you for day one class on nutrition. I did giggled at her to cut down the nutrition class because it's not going to change her perception. But to my surprise there came a day when she said she is having a lot of healthy vegetables and diet, understanding it's importance and came down to me telling the importance of balanced diet :). I want to pinch myself to understand that's not a distant dream I was having over the sleep.

I was coming down for a vacation of just a week which had a baby shower occasion and initially I had a thought to leave Sathya alone to cover the antenatal classes. But Sathya's interest post your breast feeding & exercise class on day 2 and the perspective she had post your nutrition class made me think about attending couple of your sessions with her. We changed our baby shower occasion from my hometown to Chennai majorly to join Utsav. And we had to squeeze our times and also mainly yours to an extent. Thank you very much for your alterations to accommodate us and understanding.

My perspective changed a lot. I was looking at labour as a fearful period and I was not confident of getting into the labour room with Sathya. All I have seen over the hospitals/at UK or via youtube's are husbands fainting down majorly while going inside. I did thought I would be one in their group initially. But post your connects, I had the confidence of going with Sathya when it matters most. My perspective changed and confidence increased leaps and bounds. Ho my goodness!!!, that was the tip of an iceberg for me out of your classes.

We did understand what are our rights at hospital and we are not the couples who are going to be anxiously accepting/signing everything that's done at hospital now. That's another key takeaway from this parent craft classes. Your ability to constantly learn everyday and sharing those knowledge scintillates us. This is feasible only when you have got the passion not just to learn but to share those with others.

To summarise, if we would not have met a person called Mrs. Amba we would have thought preferential C Sec is the better option we had, we would have thought pregnancy is full of tensions, we would have thought all the myths around pregnancy and parenting told by yester generations are correct without researching, we would not have known our rights and one of the wonderful personality we have met. You have definitely enlighten us. We can't thank enough to all those discussions we had and we are now looking forward to our cute little pie with full of joy and satiation.

Thanks
Sathya & Arun