UTSAV- Testimonial Sandhya and Vignesh



Hi this is Sandhya, from Palavanthangal. I had the fortune to attend Dr.Amba's Pre-natal classes who was referred to us by Dr.Krithika Manimaran, C.M. Hospital, Nanganallur. I attended the classes with my mother in law and my husband.

We had only an idea that both the doctor and us as parents-to-be ,have an equal role to play in well-being of the child, both within the womb and post delivery. But we were unsure like what are the steps to be followed like, nutrition, exercises to be done, when to start exercising, and all. Hence our doctor suggested to join Amba's classes.

I must say that her classes were an eye opener for me towards various aspects of labour n pregnancy.

Everyday's class introduced us to a new school of thoughts, her explanation on pros n cons of normal and c section and breastfeeding  made us realise that this not only had positive effects on the mother but even more protection that a mother could give to the child for its entire lifetime. Videos were extremely useful in getting the real picture (like what are the signs that a child gives when its hungry , whether it is satisfactorily fed, various positions to breast feed ,do's and dont's ).

Her inputs on nutrition made everyone of us realise that the child need not just has to be a kozhu kozhu baby but an active n a healthy baby. Nutrition chart , effective relaxation techniques and daily exercises  helped to understand on how I could protect myself n the baby from all the discomforts that could occur during pregnancy and how it could help the baby to be on a right position during delivery. 

Her insights on true n false pains, how to know that this is the right time to go to doc for delivery, how to manage all the contractions during labor, how best my husband and family can positively contribute both mentally and comfort physically during the contractions and labor were extremely informative.

She made me understand on what all I should do post delivery for me and my baby : like baby massaging techniques, the pro's of no cosmetics and their alternatives, how breast milk is not only a food but also everything to the baby, how long to breast feed and the advantages of it.

Like everyone, I was afraid that labour meant pain ! but she made me realize that its pleasurable experience to welcome my baby into the world :)

All I have to say is a very big thank you to Dr.Amba for her classes being a gift during my pregnancy n also thanks to Dr.Krithika for introducing Dr.Amba to me.

Regards,
Sandhya.



Hi Doctor,

I am Vignesh, husband of Sandhya, who attended your Pre-natal classes for the past 2 weeks. Thanks a lot for the informative and thought-provoking sessions. Though I attended the last day’s class alone, I used to hear from Sandhya, about what were all been taught on that day, right away as soon as she reaches home. It was really very helpful for both of us to get an understanding on details reg. Labor, Delivery, Relaxation techniques and lots of Do’s & Don’ts during pregnancy.

My mother who attended the 1st three sessions along with Sandhya, wanted to convey her thanks and regards to you as she too enjoyed the classes. The links and videos provided by you on pregnancy, labor, baby massage and baby caring are very soothing and valuable.

We will promptly follow the exercises, relaxation and breathing techniques and will have a happy pregnancy.

Keep doing this great service, for long time. Thank you!

Regards,
Vignesh.