Testimonial of Helen Jospeh and Birth story of Little Ethan



"Every pregnant woman I see look healthy and happy. They do exercises, they walk a lot, they know what to do, what to eat, but I don't. Google mostly adds to my curiosity and worries. Why am I alone looking like a sick lady? How am I going to survive this pregnancy!? Will I live again?" -  answering my questions was the hardest part for anyone. It wasn't easy to get them out. My Family, My Gynec Mr. Kurian Joseph, more importantly Dr. Amba's "Utsav" and I together had to contribute a lot to this.

I had always been an active both at home and at work. However, too many medical complications ever since the beginning of my pregnancy made me feel like I won't succeed my delivery. None of my affirmations really worked because I lacked positivity from within. The sad truth about my life was that my mother was no more and I literally lacked was someone I'd plainly trust and do things the way they say. Hearing me talking about the same, a dear friend of mine, Sharmila recommended that I go meet Dr. Amba. I wasn't very sure why, but Sharmila really forced me to do this. With uncertainty about what great things will this do, I met  Dr. Amba and attended her classes at Utsav. Trust me, the very first session itself boosted all my spirits high and got me the confidence I missed for 8 months. Yes, being pregnant, suddenly started looking beautiful and I loved to hear all that I learnt from Utsav program. I started loving the feel of being pregnant, her exercise regime and diet chart helped me know what to do and what to eat and how to identify every change that happens.
Dr. Amba @ Utsav, taught me all I needed to know about delivering my baby and post delivery self-help as well.

If not for Dr. Amba, I can't imagine knowing how I could have messed screaming and crying out the delivery pain. Having had a breech baby, I had the toughest and hardest pain of all throughout the 9 hours of labour, yet Dr. Amba's training in breath control alone came to rescue. While all other mommy-to-bees in the same ward, were crying their lungs out during their contractions, I practised my breathing exercises as taught by Dr. Amba and saved the energy for the big moment. I didn't take the epidural and took all the pain in and out with the help of the breathing exercises. Yes the time arrived, I cried too, tougher and louder than ever and delivered by breech positioned baby boy, vaginally. Our Beautiful boy breathed and cried out and I calmed down. My delivery doctors and nurses call it a miracle still. My mother was no more and I had no siblings too. In God's grace, I had and I have a very supportive husband and a sister-in-law who took and takes care of me and the baby so well. Post-partum wasn't easy but thankfully, my husband and I had already attended Dr. Amba's classes. Our post-partum days, were hectic, yes. Thanks to Utsav, we had known how to handle it better. Dr. Amba had already taught us how to help the baby latch, how to bath the baby, how to wear the baby, most of the post-partum tensions and questions were pre-answered and we got back home as a happy family.
From,
Helen Joseph